[whatwg] Fetch: number of tasks queued

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 13 08:32:51 PDT 2013

> However, if all data is typically available during state 3, developers
> might rely on that. Not queuing a special task that triggers state 3
> for data: URLs does not preclude asynchronous loading at all.

I'm not sure I follow.

State 3 is LOADING.

In the Gecko implementation, the network library delivers,
asynchronously, a single "headers available" notification, then one or
more "some data available" notifications, then a single "no more data,
request is done" notification.

The XHR implementation then enters LOADING when it gets the first "some
data available" implementation.  It enters DONE when it gets the "no
more data" notification.

What exact behavior are you proposing for the XHR implementation when it
gets the callbacks described above?  It sure sounds to me like you're
presupposing that the "some data available" callbacks indicate whether
there might be _more_ data available in the future or not, unless I'm
missing something.

-Boris