[whatwg] Fetch: number of tasks queued

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Wed Mar 13 08:36:38 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> What exact behavior are you proposing for the XHR implementation when it
> gets the callbacks described above?  It sure sounds to me like you're
> presupposing that the "some data available" callbacks indicate whether there
> might be _more_ data available in the future or not, unless I'm missing
> something.

Currently the XMLHttpRequest specification only has a single
readystatechange event to switch to 3. This matches some set of
browsers and may or may not match Gecko these days (certainly did not
in the past). Other network tasks before the final one result in
progress events.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/