[whatwg] Fetch: number of tasks queued

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Wed Mar 13 08:41:51 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn at zewt.org> wrote:
> > It doesn't matter how many network tasks there are, though.  We can just
> say
> > that if the old state is (eg.) OPENED, and we're now in DONE, that we
> > iterate through all of the intermediary states, setting readyState and
> > firing onreadystatecomplete.
>
> As explained earlier the difference is observable when methods that
> spin the event loop are invoked.

You'll need to be more specific, since it certainly wasn't explained
earlier in this thread.

That has nothing to do with the issue I described, though.  Code should be
able to depend on going through each state, without exceptions that only
manifest with particular protocols (or browser cache state, etc).

--
Glenn Maynard