[whatwg] Adding 2D Canvas features

Tom Wiltzius wiltzius at chromium.org
Thu Sep 5 16:33:24 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Simon Sarris <simon.sarris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just FYI, Chrome now has a relatively new bug for "Canvas v5 API
> additions" that references all the missing features that some posters were
> concerned about.
>
> The default take from this bug report is that all of these are
> greenlighted to be worked on (no objections so far)
>
> https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=281529
>
> This bug is now (as of a few days ago) referenced at chromestatus.comunder the Canvas feature's implementation status:
>
> http://www.chromestatus.com/features/5100084685438976

Yes, although that's probably somewhat misleading as the Chromium
contributor who volunteered to help implement those is only human and it's
a rather long list. I'll be working with him to prioritize, but it's not
like suddenly these can all happen.

Meanwhile this doesn't change the other Canvas2D-related work ongoing in
the Chromium project, so we're still keen to see some new features added to
the Canvas spec. Ian if it would help to identify items in the spec that
Chromium doesn't intend to implement (at least any time soon), we can
attempt to do so.