[whatwg] Adding 2D Canvas features

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Sep 27 14:21:01 PDT 2013

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013, Tom Wiltzius wrote:

> Meanwhile this doesn't change the other Canvas2D-related work ongoing in
> the Chromium project, so we're still keen to see some new features added
> to the Canvas spec. Ian if it would help to identify items in the spec
> that Chromium doesn't intend to implement (at least any time soon), we
> can attempt to do so.

If there are specific things in the spec that you think are bad and should
be removed, please do raise them on the mailing list, yes.

If there are specific things not in the spec that you have implemented,
then please file a bug pointing to the documentation for whatever you have
implemented, using: http://whatwg.org/newbug

If there's multiple implementations, and HTML is the right spec, then I'll
pretty much automatically spec it. Otherwise, it'll be based on whether it
makes sense and has use cases. (So far example, I haven't added canvas
text decoration APIs, which have been raised as something Chrome might
implement, as discussed in my last e-mail to this list. The alpha
parameter, though, needs speccing, I just haven't gotten around to it
yet -- it's on my list though.)