[whatwg] hit regions: limited set of elements for fallback content

Charles McCathie Nevile chaals at yandex-team.ru
Fri Feb 21 05:40:20 PST 2014

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:47:51 +0100, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

> hixie wrote:
>
>> But there's plenty of things which make zero sense as fallback content.
>> <input type=color>, for example, simply cannot be sanely implemented in
>> canvas

I don't want to pronounce on sanity, but I don't think it has ever been a
major criterion for whether people *will* do something on the Web.

And it seems pretty easy to make a colour picker in canvas. I can imagine
that anyone who wanted a specific-purpose color picker (styled to match
the site, or customising the options, or...) would do it in canvas or SVG,
and my guess is the former would be more common...

cheers

Chaals

       chaals at yandex-team.ru         Find more at http://yandex.com