[whatwg] Adding obsolete elements/attributes to indexes

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Jan 23 08:54:14 PST 2014

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014, Simon Sapin wrote:

> To help with "discoverability" of obsolete features by implementers, I’d
> like them to be included in the Index section’s tables.

They're explicitly excluded to help with avoiding their discovery by
authors.

There's a link from any interface that has obsolete IDL members to the
partial interface that defines those members. As far as non-obsolete
elements go, I think the only requirements in the obsolete section are
regarding these obsolete IDL members.

> When considering what Servo should implement, I mistakenly concluded
> that <li> elements do not have a 'type' attribute, based on the Index.
> They in fact do, as specified in the Obsolete features section.

Do you mean a type IDL attribute or a type content attribute? No IDL
attributes are listed in the index. I don't know what it really means for
an element to have a content attribute, from an implement's persective.