[html5] Introduction and the Web Platform Forum

Simon Pieters zcorpan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:06:35 PST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:11:36 +0100, Vahagn Hayrapetyan <vahagnh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,-
>
> my name's Vahagn, I'm a developer (Ruby, Rails, Web Standards) new to
> this
> forum. Last couple of weeks I have been busy with putting together a
> forum
> where developers could discuss HTML5, CSS3, and the like.

Cool!

> This was before I
> learned about the existence of this list.
>
> I'd really like to receive some feedback on the project. On one hand, it
> was
> never an intention of mine to sabotage the existing discussions (like the
> ones happening on this list).

There's isn't too much discussion on this list anyway. :-)

> On the other hand, when I searched for "HTML5
> forum" on Google, nothing usable came up.

I guess http://forums.whatwg.org/ was in the result? I've changed the
forum descriptions to hopefully be a bit friendlier. Let me know if
there's something I can do to make it more usable.

> So I thought why not go ahead and
> create one. The sooner the developers start talking about this brave new
> world, the better.
>
> So what do you think - is the forum a good idea or is it redundant?

I think it's a good idea and it seems to have a slightly different focus
than the WHATWG forums. Redundancy isn't a bad thing here. :-)

--
Simon Pieters