[html5] Is <aside> suitable for an advertising in <article>?

Chris Cressman chris at chriscressman.com
Thu Oct 8 11:13:46 PDT 2009

The text you are citing from the spec is from an explanation of
_where_ the aside element should be placed when used. You should put
an <aside> in a an <article> only if the advertisement applies
specifically to that blog post (e.g. each blog post has its own
advertisement). Alternatively, If the advertisement is a site-wide ad
(e.g. an advertising section in a sidebar), the <aside> should go
directly in <body> or in an appropriate <section>, not within an
<article>.

--
Chris Cressman
http://chriscressman.com