[html5] HTML5 Audio Support Ready or Not?

msacks ntwrkd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 08:44:34 PDT 2011

Hi List,
I was recently told that HTML5 audio support is not very good.
Although I haven't tested this for myself I always like to support
opinion with data and facts.
Results on Google for articles on the subject aren't all that
prolific, perhaps I am using the wrong query. I did find this:
http://www.phoboslab.org/log/2011/03/the-state-of-html5-audio

My question is for those of the opinion that HTML5 audio support isn't
"very good", I'd like to know in comparison to what?
Also, are there any articles citing an opinion for or against HTML5 Audio?
More importantly, to those working on the specifications on this list,
what is your experience with this.

NOTE: I may end up using some quotes from this discussion for an
article to be published on thebitsource com.

Thank you,
@msacks