[html5] Template questions...

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:29:44 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Micky Hulse
<mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. Thoughts on wrapping time with an H3? The only reason I am using H3
> is so I can style the <time> tag using CSS2.1 and have that styling
> work in older browsers (does that make sense?)

I think I am confusing the "styling" of HTML5 elements with the
styling of ARIA's roles.

The attribute selector does not work in IE6:

header[role="banner"] {
    your styles here
}

But, I guess that is not so bad depending on the situation.

Also, I found this info on HTMLDoctor:

"Also note the use of two <h1>‘s within that piece of html, this is
perfectly valid in HTML 5 (and HTML 4) but will cause issues with
accessibility, so we advise caution if you have a large number of
articles on a page. We will cover this in more detail in another
post."

-- http://html5doctor.com/the-header-element/

I do plan on having multiple/many articles on a page, so I am guessing
that I should avoid multiple H1s.

Thanks for listening!

Cheers,
Micky