[html5] 3d immersive virtual collaborative conference meeting environment How html 5 will help

Junaid Shah sydjunaidshah at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 14:16:36 PDT 2011

Now my project supervisor has advice me to shrink the scope of my project and now

I want to develop 3d immersive virtual collaborative conference meeting
environment i.e an immersive virtual environment for our university
Teachers to attend and address conference (meeting) Virtually in 3d

Each
 attendee have login with their avatar and can collaborate and discuss
different issues with each other by using their personalized
avatar(other teachers present in meeting Virtually )

I want to implement these features + some other like text support etc

 need help regarding platform selection preferably I want to Implement
it as a webpage (3d website) with no installation pr plugin support
(plugin independent ) other wise I'll go for Plugin
 Solution

or if it is not do able(as PAKISTAN is a developing
country very less help can be available and we have not done a lot in
our university i.e I have less implementation knowledge)

I'm confused in choosing platform I've explored these names so far
 [
 WebGL/Google O3d/web 3d's X3D ,VRML /X3doom/Sirikata
Platform/yogurt3d/Unity3d/Jibe/OpenSim/Papervision3d/Flash/3dmlw/Java3d/Infinity3d/
 Cube3/CloudMach]  also please tell me if other are available and
appropriate for me

I'm very much ambiguous about HOW TO GETTING
STARTED and I've to submit project proposal so please help me with your
kind and knowledgeable reply
I need Free/OpenSource and easy approach to the development to make it done

HOW HTML 5 WILL HELP ME IN THIS REGARD AND UP TO WHAT EXTENT

BEST REGARDS
MUHAMMAD Junaid