[html5] these simplifications simply must happen...

Jukka K. Korpela jukka.k.korpela at kolumbus.fi
Wed May 1 21:21:11 PDT 2013

2013-05-02 6:43, Amy Soyka wrote:
> why cant the styles tag follow suite and use:
> ?

Because existing browsers would ignore the src attribute and treat this
just as a style element with empty content.

If HTML were designed from scratch, it would probably look very
different from what it is now.  But then it could be displayed in future
browsers only.

> additional points I would like to suggest are to do with the use of both:
> href="" & src="" when linking content.

Attribute names are part of HTML legacy, and changing them would make
existing pages stop working.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/