[html5] <header>, <hgroup> and subheadings

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 3 16:30:05 PDT 2013

Ian,

> The first heading element (<h1>-<h6> or <hgroup>) of a sectioning content
> element (article, aside, nav, section) or sectioning root element
> ...<snip>...
> It's only when you bring <h2>-<h6> into the mix, or have multiple
> equally-ranked headings in the same section, that things get hairy.
> The algorithm is this one:
>    http://whatwg.org/html#outline
> ...but admittedly it can be hard to follow.

AWESOME! That's very helpful!!!!

I'm looking forward to experimenting with this ... It helps me to
understand how to structure my documents better. The outliner is
great, but being able to kinda run through this stuff in my head (or
on paper) will be very useful for future projects.

Thank you so much for the extra info and clarifications. I REALLY
appreciate it. :)