[Imps] [ANN] Father Christmas is a bit early this year…

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Dec 28 06:58:29 PST 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:24:34 +0100, James Graham <jg307 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I think some convention for the test suite is needed here; it seems like
> we are failing some of your new tests because the parse errors come in
> the "wrong" order. Is just counting errors enough?

That's what the parsing tests assume. How about having a field "errors"
which holds a number or if that's not possible in JSON a string containing
a number. Where the number indicates the amount of errors that need to be
thrown.

>> Unless someone has a better idea (e.g. changing the test suite), I'll
>> work on my JSON->C# test code generator to merge consecutive
>> "Character" tokens and reorder "ParseError" tokens.
>>
> I agree with the merging consecutive character tokens; our test harness
> does that both for the expected and recieved character tokens. Therefore
> I would suggest changing the tests so all the tests with consecutive
> character tokens have a single merged token. The only issue to be wary
> of is that the treebuilder treats space and non-space characters
> differently so most(?) implementations will want to emit seperate tokens
> for those cases.

I suppose it's an implementations detail. In theory anyway.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>