[whatwg] Working this summer

Olav Junker Kjær olav at olav.dk
Mon Dec 13 01:15:28 PST 2004

Yan Morin wrote:

> 1. Customize the <input type="file"> button and text field, maybe a

Cool, but the problem here is security. If it is possible to customize
(and therefore disguise) the file upload widget, it might be easier to
trick users into uploading files. So while this is a cool feature, I
dont think it will ever be allowed.

> 2. Use a multi-column drop down for a list:

Is it just a presentation issue, where you want the options to be shown
in two columns instead of one? Then it could be part of the CSS
extensions to Web Forms (which are not part of the WF2 spec, but will be
in a future spec (I think?)). Also the size attribute you propose could
be part of the CSS extensions, but shouldn't be an attribute since its
presentational.

Olav Junker Kjær