[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 14:33:30 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:18:29 +0100, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:
> Erik Arvidsson wrote:
>
> > Matthew Raymond wrote:
> >
> >> Jim Ley wrote:
> >>
> >> [Snip.]

> object initialisation is not the only thing that HTCs provide. they also
> allow the provision of custom events. HTCs are the only way (that i know
> of) where you can fire custom events which will then be picked up by
> attached handlers. without this the "invalid" event would not be fully
> supportable, although you can still use directly assigned event handlers:
> element.oninvalid = somefunction;

Can I just clarify that a _requirement_ of WF2 is that it is
implementable using Internet Explorer Script Behaviors (HTCs)  ?  And
that this is the consensus of the WHAT-WG ?  (or is it one of those
non-negotiable things, that we're just supposed to know about.)

How are these oninvalid events dealt with in legacy FireFox, Opera,
Safari, Konqueror etc. ?

Jim.