[whatwg] Discovery of interest re Web Applications 1.0 / Demos / Semi-offtopic

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 09:01:52 PDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:15:32 +0930, Daniel O'Connor
<daniel.oconnor at gmail.com> wrote:
> A friend of mine showed me this web application about 15 minutes ago:
>
> http://tahpot.homeip.net/wp_blog/index.php?p=6
>
> Demo: http://tahpot.homeip.net/projects/dm/

not wanting to denegrate the solution or the concept, it's good
(indeed I recently worked on a contract producing a window manager in
HTML+css+js)  but I do not think it's a good example of a
web-application for the WHAT-WG - A window manager is not an
application we should be enabling, window manager authoring is far
from trivial, and a javascript UI can never know the paradigms the
user is used to in their window manager.

Or was it some specific areas of the app framework you considered of relevance?

Jim.