[whatwg] RE: Degrading of web applications

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:07:14 PDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:29:17 +0930, Chris Were <chris.were at gmail.com> wrote:

> Remember I'm talking about a specific example not all web
> applications.

What's the web application you're using as an example - all I've seen
is a toy window manager, which is nothing but a framework around which
applications can be built - it's not a web application, it provides no
content or service or functionality  in itself.

>The example i'm highlighting is an implementation
> completely through javascript. As such if a browser doesn't support JS
> it can not use the application.

Hmm, Didn't we just go over this? - using javascript is an
implementation detail - Degradatiion is about access to content and
services, it's not about javascript or HTML or SVG or CSS or any other
technology.

Jim.