[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0

Roman Ivanov thingol at mail.ru
Mon Feb 21 14:37:15 PST 2005

Hello.

I think that web developers really need a standard on working with
selection in textarea and input type=text fields.

Now there's no standard that describes how to get starting point of
selection, ending point of selection, and cursor position.
Also there's no standard that describes how to set selection and cursor
position.

Now it can be done in Mozilla and MSIE but neither in Opera nor in Safari.

We'll make a great step into compatibility if Web Forms will contain
such standard.

Thank you very much.

--
Roman Ivanov