Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Wed Aug 30 01:32:10 PDT 2006

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/text.html#adef-datetime

> and an author:

> author="Ric Hardacre">I added this text while</ins> the rain poured down</p>

Maybe.  What's the use case and what benefit does it provide?  Would a
name be a suitable value, or would a URI pointing to more info about the
author be better (e.g. linking to the author's profile or homepage).

Would the use cases be better handled using CVS or SVN on the back end?
Would any user need to know which author edited something?

I could be wrong, but I believe author information is recorded by office
applications (e.g. Word, OpenOffice) when revision control is enabled;
but, again, would it be useful to have it saved in HTML?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/