[whatwg] Mathematics in HTML5

White Lynx whitelynx at operamail.com
Sat Jun 17 04:02:26 PDT 2006

James Graham wrote:
> > So how does it fit in the scope of fundamental principles upon which
> > the WHAT working group intends to operate?
> > 	http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/papers/opera.html
> >

> I don't see anything contradictory there

"Web application technologies SHOULD BE BASED ON technologies authors are familiar with,
including HTML, CSS, DOM, AND JAVASCRIPT"

"Basic Web application features SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTABLE using behaviors,
scripting, and style sheets IN IE6 TODAY"

"Any solution that CANNOT BE USED with the current high-market-share user
agent WITHOUT THE NEED FOR BINARY PLUG-INS is highly unlikely to be successful"

"The core features of an XML vocabulary should require the use of elements
from ONLY ONE NAMESPACE."

"IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that authors BE ABLE TO MOVE FROM AN HTML ENVIRONMENT
TO A CLEAN COMPOUND DOCUMENT ENVIRONMENT (typically first simply by moving to XHTML)
IN A GRADUAL FASHION."