[whatwg] XMLHttpRequest connection limit

Michael Enright michael.enright at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 10:05:56 PST 2006

Although the XMLHttpRequest has the capability of making a DOM
available from the resulting text, the client and server don't have to
make use of it. One could take the responseText and pass it to eval()
if the other end sent JSON. A BEEP API should support any valid use of
BEEP, just as XMLHttpRequest actually supports any valid use of HTTP,
not just XML transfers.