[whatwg] My case for Ruby-elements

Křištof Želechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Mon Aug 13 09:25:18 PDT 2007

You would read such a document in the following way: you choose a language
that suits you and read it in that language.  You only look at the other
column when you want to know what your contractor can see in the text of the
agreement.  The text is not interlaced but it is vertically synchronized in
order that you can know which passage in your language corresponds to which
passage in the other language.  HTML is unable to handle this situation
except in the simple case where the text has no internal structure and can
be split to passages that you can put in parallel as table data.
Chris