[whatwg] Make Vorbis a baseline codec for <audio>

Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) ifette at google.com
Wed Jul 15 17:29:21 PDT 2009

"Vorbis is the best lossy audio codec" - Do you have data to back up this
assertion? I am not an expert here, I had the naïve assumption that AAC was
better given that major devices (e.g. iPod) use this format over Vorbis. I
would love to see some data (other than some studies from 2005 on some forum
that Wikipedia links to).

"Widely adopted ... in portable media players?" Really? iPod? Zune?