[whatwg] 'Main Part of the Content' Idiom

Daniel Persson danielperssondeluxe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 09:03:51 PDT 2010

Some websites are very crowded. I have no particular example. Blogs and
easily accessible CMS's, people trying to make a buck from excessive
advertising on their site, people cramming a lot of info/screen unit.
Companies too, old media: http://www.aftonbladet.se/ (major Swedish paper,
watch your eyes) . <body> will hold a lot of stuff that is not main content,
other content will spill over into <body> (unless there is a conscious
author, and vast use of <aside>).
It should be easy for authors to define main content. It s a pedagogical
issue, where authors not too concerned with standards compliance, should
have an easy escape of at least defining the most important on the site.

Thanks
/Daniel