[whatwg] The PeerConnection onmessage function attribute

Per-Erik Brodin per-erik.brodin at ericsson.com
Thu May 12 02:18:27 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-12 09:38 CEST, Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ) wrote:
> Yes, I have read that part but what confuses me is that in the link I
> sent in my original email MessageEvent is defined as follows:
>
> interface MessageEvent : Event {
>    readonly attribute any data;
>    readonly attribute DOMString origin;
>    readonly attribute DOMString lastEventId;
>    readonly attribute WindowProxy source;
>    readonly attribute MessagePortArray ports;
>    void initMessageEvent(in DOMString typeArg, in boolean canBubbleArg,
> in boolean cancelableArg, in any dataArg, in DOMString originArg, in
> DOMString lastEventIdArg, in WindowProxy sourceArg, in
> MessagePortArray portsArg);
> };

Could you perhaps be more specific about what confuses you? MessageEvent
is used in several places. If you are referring to the various
properties then data is the only one used everywhere. For example, the
lastEventId property is only set on message events dispatched on an
EventSource object.
//Per-Erik